We asked and you answered! Thanks to those of you who responded on Instagram. It's so nice to have an online community of moms to learn from and I love engaging with each of you. Here are the top 10 things you said you were least prepared for after giving birth.
- How often babies need to be changed (oh, the laundry!)
- Postpartum depression / anxiety *
- Giant maxi pads in the hospital
- Breastfeeding not coming easily
- Being separated when baby went to the NICU
- Having enough breastfeeding-friendly clothing
- STITCHES (enough said)
- How painful it is when your milk comes in
- Nightsweats (and daysweats, too)
- That moment when you finally get to hold your baby
It's so nice to know you're not alone, isn't it? It's hard work bringing these little people into the world, even in the BEST circumstances.
* If you or someone you know is experiencing postpartum depression or anxiety please visit http://www.postpartum.net/ to see how you can help.